Paint is a practical approach in changing the way a living room looks without a lot of expense and time spent. With the array of colors and color ideas available to homeowners, there are endless combinations and techniques to incorporate colors in different design processes that will bring a whole new look to a living room.
trusted tablets Color Expand your Living Space
1. One of the simplest ideas for the use of color is to increase the appearance of the size of a living room space. Utilizing paint shades that reflect light are the first choice and consist of colors such as intense and natural blues, greens and purples. These colors have the ability to add depth and expansiveness to a living area.
Bright and Beautiful
2. Bright and lively colors will bring a wow effect to a living room, but they should be used in combination with other bright decorative items that complement one another. Add neutral color touches to aid in toning down the effect of the brightness of all the colors used. Choose colors like bluish greens, deep wine reds or bright yellows for color statements.
Awash in Ombre
3. Ombre appears to be one technique that daring paint aficionados are picking up on, running with and applying in a wash of harmonious colors to their living room walls and other spaces. There is something about blending colors in this fashion that creates subtlety as opposed to one main splash of color. Ombre is not just for hair anymore as it is being used on everything in the design and fashion world. A living room wall in a wash of colors blended from top to bottom makes an elusive yet memorable statement.
Chair Railing Contrasts
4. Chair railing, wainscoting, molding and other forms of decorative wood in living areas can be highlighted effectively with the right combination of color schemes and textures. Utilizing paint shades that complement one another can add dimensional aspect to a wall. More intense color is effective below the railing with a lighter tone above the wall.
Geometrics Take Shape in Paint
5. Patterns and shapes can bring out the best in a bare living room wall area, particularly when they are strategically placed to draw direct attention to a wall. The area becomes a focal point of interest with paint patterns positioned in the right intervals, such as geometric shapes in chevrons or triangles. Furnishings and other decor in more solid colors and textures easily blend with the patterning to provide an overall finished look to a living area.
Stencils: A Great Alternative
6. Stenciling with paints is a variation on the use of geometric patterns and shapes. Stencils can take on a number of forms whether in damask, florals, figures, letters, dots, scribbles or even individual designs, which are meant to bring a homeowner’s personality directly to the wall. Stenciling can be in subtle or bold colors that draw the eye to the wall and enliven a living room with texture and interest.
Dark isn’t Dreary
7. Dark, painted walls in a living area are not depressing as they can transform a room, particularly when the ceiling area is lighter and the living space has sufficient natural light to balance the dark and highlight an intended area. Blues and purples that have an almost black appearance can bring substance to a living space as well as provide added elegance and richness to a room.
Color Blocking can be Effortless
8. Color blocking is an easy, fast and striking technique to revitalize a living area. A bland wall can be transformed by simply pairing contrasting colors or bringing one color halfway up a white or neutral colored wall to complete a divided effect. The immediate transition from one block of color to another brings a totally new look to a space, and it can be done without a lot of effort.
The Letters Say it All
9. Typography, or the art of arranging type, has become a steady art and design movement for some time, and it can be easily transferred to a living area wall to create an individual look with short phrases, bold homeowner initials, or an overall pattern of lettering in traditional type colors.
10. Paint Exchange
Most every homeowner likes the idea of changing paint colors in a living room space as viewing the same color every day in a room that is used on a continual basis can be an uninspiring and monotonous experience. Paint color trends to uplift a stagnant living space seem to lean in the direction of dusky blues, spicy reds, earthy greens, dark grays, beiges, and a few pastels.
Never go wrong with Neutrals
11. Neutral paints are perfect for living room areas as they appeal to both minimalist and modern tastes and open up spaces to all kinds of possibilities for decorative effects and other touches of color. There are always advantages with the use of neutral colors.
Murals are Here to Stay
12. Painted murals have been a part of living space designs for eons and depending on available wall space, they can be a charming addition to almost any room. Paint colors used in murals are usually in the taupe, gray, green, or mauve family of colors, but depending on the mural’s design, style concept and overall theme, most any color can be utilized.
Painting a click here living room space through any of the 12 color idea suggestions presented doesn’t have to be a complicated and never ending project, but with time restraints being more and more of a burden on homeowners today, why not consult with design specialists at Signature Kitchen and Bath in Phoenix, Arizona for an assessment of your painting needs. The experts at Signature can help you budget your painting project as well as help you choose color ideas that will transform your living room area to a space that provides not only exquisite color but comfort, relaxation, gratification and well-being.